BLOGS are good and bad. They are good because we can vent and express feelings that we would not do face to face with someone. They are bad because the people you want to vent at may not read your BLOG. Today I want to vent about someone who won’t read this. He probably won’t read this because it would involve interpreting words and being able to understand them. This is targeted at the guy who came out of Rudy’s (my post workout breakfast taco haven) while I was coming in. I know his name is Ernie, because it was on a shirt patch. Ernie was coming out of the store while I was climbing the stairs to enter. Despite the stairs being four foot wide, Ernie decided that he would not move to one side or the other. He was entitled to the whole stairway. He was Little John, daring me to stand in his way. Moving left or right is not a big deal to me. I am pretty agile. I moved to the right and let him take up the stairs. Minor problem in the big scheme of things but I felt that if he could not be polite on a stairway, what is this guy like out on the road, at work and at home. I hope he was just having a bad day.
If he had been nice I would have been the first person to tell him that he had the better part of a breakfast taco stuck to the front of his shirt. Just below the Ernie patch was a two inch wad of egg glued to his shirt with a small stream of hot sauce hanging from it. It could not have been more obvious unless it had a spotlight shining on it.
Now that I am through eating and did not get anything on me, my conciliation is knowing that Ernie was styling around town with egg on his shirt.
I wonder if that is Karma at work?
Thank you for always making me laugh with your posts, Jim! You're a great writer. And, yes...karma was definitely at work:)
ReplyDelete